Zipcar Contest: Where Would You Go?
Congrats to our winner Larry Ballash! Larry posted a comment below and was randomly drawn as the winner of an annual Zipcar membership and a $30 driving credit. He has been renting cars when he needs one, and although he's investigated carsharing, he has never joined one. Larry is looking forward to using his Zipcar membership to do a little sight seeing.
Thank you to everyone who entered!
TravelSmart members can join Zipcar for $60 ($25 application fee and $35 first year membership) and a $30 driving credit. Just use the code travelsmart when you sign up.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED
TravelSmart and Zipcar are teaming up to offer an exclusive contest to TravelSmart members!
TravelSmart members have a chance to win a free annual Zipcar membership and a $30 driving credit. To enter, simply tell us what your first Zipcar trip would be if you were the winner. Post your answer in the comments section below the article to be entered. The winner will be randomly picked and the contest closes March 6th.
Whether you need to move, do a big shopping trip, or organizing a group of friends to hit Cypress, carsharing is a handy alternative to owning a car. Still on the fence about carsharing? Here are some reasons why carsharing rocks:
- Saves you money: Zipcar members report an average monthly savings of more than $600 compared to car ownership. Whether you're a car owner or a taxi taker, with car sharing there are savings to go around.
- You take public transit, but need a car sometimes: Public transportation (and even cabs) can't always get you where you need to go.
- You don't want the hassle of owning a car. Maybe you're looking to shed a car, or maybe you're looking for a way to never have to own at all. Either way, carshared cars practically take care of themselves: they have parking spaces, plus cleaning and maintenance crews.
- You want to do my part to take care of our planet. carsharing is good for the planet and the wallet. For example, each Zipcar shared takes at least 15 personally-owned vehicles off the road.
- Once in a while you need a second car. Did your spouse or roommate take your car for the day? Hello, carshare.
- You need a big car for a big job. Reserving a carshare car beats the heck out of renting a moving truck, or bothering your brother-in-law for his pick up – reserve your own.
Of course, Zipcar isn't the only carsharing group in town, your carsharing options also include car2go and Modo the Car Co-op.
Don't forget to tell us in the comments section below where you'd go if you won the Zipcar membership and driving credit, best of luck!