Telework Week led to $2.7 Million in Commuting Savings
This year in the U.S., National Telework Week was held February 14-18. This initiative led by Telework Exchange produced some incredible results:
In one week alone:
- 39,694 employees teleworked
- $2.7 million in commuting costs saved
- 148,000 hours were gained by not commuting
What about productivity?
- 60% of surveyed organizations said that management has turned the corner on telework and is more open to and encouraging of telework, versus one year ago
- 76% of employees said they accomplished more while teleworking
To read more about this story, click here.
You may also be interested in reading these related articles:
Communication Between Employees and Employers Key to Teleworking Success
Teleworking: A Great Work Option