The TravelSmart Top 10 for 2011
It's been quite the year for TravelSmart!
2011 saw the launch of the TravelSmart website and increasing initiatives to encourage people to think differently about their travel choices. As we're always growing and developing in response to the needs and interests of people we engage with, we're interested in finding out the content that people find interesting; and we thought you might be too!
Without further adieu, here's a list of the most read TravelSmart articles this year:
10. Be a Tourist in Your Home Town: Not only is this a handy round up of the sights in Vancouver, it also serves as a great resource for the deals that are up for grabs. We're very fortunate to live in this region - and this list is a nice reminder.
9. How to Get the Most our of Your Car: A common misconception is that TravelSmart is anti-car. This simply isn't the case. We understand that for many people, getting around in a car is an absolutely necessity. In those cases, this is great list of tips on how you can be TravelSmart while you drive.
8. Bike Lockers at SkyTrain Stations - Rent One: Think you have to choose to between cycling or transit or driving? Think again! Combining modes can save money and give you exercise. Bike lockers are a great way to make this easier for you. Check out this groovy little video to see how easy it is to cycle to a station, lock up and ride!
7. TravelSmart to Your University or College Campus: While you consider your post secondary choices, the commute is a big factor. Weighing up the cost versus the benefits of a longer commute versus living close by are important decisions. It's little wonder that this synopsis of universities and college campus and their travel options is a popular reference piece.
6. Tips and Resources for Taking Transit: Plan your trip more efficiently, know the tools that are available to you to get to your destination with the greatest ease.
5. Events: What's going on and how are you getting there? This handy calendar of events connects you quickly to TransLink's trip planner and Google maps to help you on your way to what's going on.
4. Guest Post: The Girl, Her Dad, and the Future of Public Transit: We always enjoy having guest posts on TravelSmart and we were lucky enough to feature one from Rob Jones. Rob is a local social media natural and music enthusiast who also keeps a blog about his experience as a single father.
3. Welcome New EPP Members: Here we celebrate the companies and organisations that have recently sign up to the Employer Pass Program. These are the companies who value sustainable transportation choices, and faciliate those choices by offering their employees discounted transit passes. Well done everyone!
2. TravelSmart Members' Deals: Membership, as they say, has its privileges. We're always adding new deals, check back often to see what deals are available to you!
1. Employer Pass Program: Cutting Your Commute Costs on Transit: We were surprised that this article took the top spot of the most read article on TravelSmart, but perhaps we shouldn't be. More and more employers are seeing the value in offering their employees discounted transit passes. Not only do these passes save employees money, but often commuting is much less stressful and employees are happier.
Are there topics that you'd like to see? Do you have something to say and are interested in contributing a guest post? Email email@example.com, looking forward to hearing from you.