Discounted Transit Passes
Not only are discounted transit passes a great perk to offer employees, it provides proof that as an organization, you promote sustainable transportation.
Discounts on transit fares are available for companies that collect the fees from employees and pass them along to TransLink once a month. TransLink provides the passes with an approximate 15% discount, along with tools and guidance for administration.
Passholders can travel on any TransLink service, including buses, SkyTrain and SeaBus (excludes HandyDART). Passes for West Coast Express are also available. Employer Passes provide unlimited travel within the indicated zone(s) on weekdays and across all zones on weekends, statutory holidays and after 6:30 p.m. on weekday evenings.
Offering EPP can ease parking challenges – 25% of passholders drove to work before enrolling!
What's required to get started
- call us at 604.216.3299
- company submits a completed Company Application to TransLink
- company appoints an EPP Coordinator to be the contact for employees
- a minimum of 25 employees submit completed enrolment forms to the company, agreeing to a minimum of a 12 month commitment
Costs to company
- courier package to TransLink once a month
Benefits to company
- good for improving recruitment, retention, and morale,
- part of any corporate responsibility and sustainability initiatives,
- can reduce parking operating costs
Benefits to employee
- 15% discount off monthly farecard rate
- transit payments qualify for a 15% federal tax credit
- pass is valid 365 days of the year
- on Sundays and Statutory Holidays, passholders can pay for a total of 2 adults and 4 children, at no extra charge
- convenience of payment through payroll deduction
To learn more about the Employer Pass Program, including downloadable forms, key dates and FAQ, visit translink.ca/epp or call us at 604.216.3299.